Thank you for the great pictures for Facebook, Twitter, and the website! Please keep them coming! And, if you are tweeting in your classroom, the addition of the Park Rapids hashtag, #ParkRapidsISD will help bring additional viewers to your tweets. Please include us! Thank you!
My Upcoming Schedule:
- Monday, Oct 10: Park Rapids, 7:30AM – 5:30PM
- Tuesday, Oct 11: Park Rapids, 7:30AM – 2:30PM/Nevis, 3:00 – 4:30PM
- Wednesday, Oct 12: Park Rapids, 7:30AM – 6:00PM
- Thursday, Oct 13: Park Rapids, 7:30AM – 12:30PM
Please feel free to contact me at any time via my cell phone (320-241-6150), my home email (email@example.com) or my Park Rapids email (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
There is a two-hour technology class scheduled Monday in Park Rapids from 3:30 – 5:30 in the Century Elementary computer lab on the Seesaw digital portfolio tool. Here’s the full description:
|Monday, Oct 10
3:30 – 5:30 PM
|Seesaw Student Portfolios
Seesaw allows students and teachers to easily post items into a student portfolio, which can also be shared with families. Children as young as preschool can learn how to scan a QR code to add an image or document, and teachers have full control of everything posted. Seesaw is a powerful tool, yet is easy to use…and free!
I realize it is a busy time with conferences this week. Please let me know if you are planning to attend. If no one is we will reschedule this one. It’s an awesome program!
Want to share an article with your students, but aren’t happy with all of the advertising around the edges? This is where the Google Chrome browser can really come in handy. Head to the GoogleChrome Web Store and install the extension called Readability. Then when you are viewing a page from the Internet that has advertising or images around it, click the Readability image (which looks like a little chair) and save the page. You can then print it as a PDF or open it in a book app (like Kindle or Nook). This creates a great class handout or addition to Google Classroom!
Need to pick a random student? Use the random name picker at classtools.net. Easy set up, save, and use! www.classtools.net/main_area/fruit_machine.swf (doesn’t work on an iPad)
Greg Tang Math: www.gregtangmath.com is a wonderful resource for engaging math professional development, math center resources, word problem work, and games.
- Go tonet
- Follow the on-screen instructions and prompts to:
Make a copy of the provided Google Spreadsheet.
b. Enter your questions and answers.
- Publish the spreadsheet and copy the URL
- Return to flippity.net
e. Paste the URL you copied in step 3.
f. Click the “Go” button.
- Use the icon in the lower right corner to flip and advance the flash cards
- Click the “Share” button to get the URL and/or a QR code for your published flippity cards.
- Could be used for any content area!
- If the “questions” are links to online images, the images will show on the flash cards!
- Students could submit questions and answers via a Google form and they could be compiled into a classroom set of flashcards.