Need a little refresher? Here is a quick review for using Google Meet
- How to schedule a Google Meet for your class from Google Classroom:
Watch the video here: http://www.viewpure.com/-7_OrdBhVrs?ref=bkmk
You can also schedule a Google Meet from your email or your Google Calendar:
Schedule a video meeting from Google Calendar:
It’s easy to schedule a Meet video meeting in Google Calendar—just create an event and add your guests to it. A video meeting link and dial-in number (if you are a Google Workspace user) is added to a Calendar event either by inviting one or more guests to the event, or by clicking Add conferencing.
Note: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request. For meetings organized by a personal Google Account, only the meeting creator can admit these participants.
Steps are as follows:
- In Calendar, create an event.
- Click Add guests and enter the names or email of the people you want to invite.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to notify guests.
- How to share your Google Meet invitation:
This 2 minute video demonstrates how to create your link and post it to your Google Classroom
(The link to your meeting can be shared through email as well)
- How to take attendance in Google Meet:
There are several extensions. Here is one I’ve liked: Google Meet Attendance Extension
Google Meet Attendance Short Video
- I want to see my whole class at once! Use the Google Meet Grid View extension. Here’s how to get it and install it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vkf5C-bl3Pfm5vIk7SpSHzku0fIG0NDw/view
**Update: Use Google Meet Grid View (fix)