Most recently, Laurie Conzemius served as a high school media specialist and district curriculum integration specialist at Park Rapids Area Schools, Park Rapids, Minnesota.
Laurie’s experiences in education include teaching grades 1, 2, 4, kindergarten and serving as media specialist in grades K-12. She has also worked as an adjunct professor in the Information Media Department at St. Cloud State University, St. Cloud, Minnesota.
Laurie’s volunteerism is strong on the local, regional, state and national levels in many areas. She has been state president of ISTE affiliate Minnesota Educational Media Organization (MEMO), now ITEM (Information and Technology Educators of Minnesota) and has served in various board positions in her 19 years of membership. She is currently serving on a state department library task force and has been an active member on other state department of education committees.
She volunteers at the ISTE Annual Conference and Exposition and the school librarian special interest group (SIGLIB), and is a member of the ISTE Board of Directors. In addition, she volunteers in civic and church groups and is an active volunteer in her school district. Laurie is an active presenter in her state and region and has provided many educational technology sessions on iPads, internet resources and the integration of technology. She is excited about using portable devices in her school and is a staff development leader in the district.
- 2015 – present EdTech Consultant/Tech Trainer, Park Rapids, MN
- 2013 – 2015 Media Specialist Park Rapids Area High School, Park Rapids MN
- 2013 – 2015 Curriculum Integrationist, Park Rapids Area Schools, Park Rapids MN
- 2009 – 2011 Adjunct Professor, Center for Information Media, St Cloud State University
- 2004 – 2013 Media Specialist, Pine Meadow Elementary, Sartell MN
- 2002 – 2004 Media Specialist, Century Elementary & Middle Schools, Park Rapids MN
- 1995 – 2002 Media Specialist, Century Elementary, Park Rapids MN
- 1994 – 1995 Grade 2 Teacher, Frank White Elementary, Park Rapids MN
- 1985 – 1994 Grade 1 Teacher, Frank White Elementary, Park Rapids MN
- 1983 – 1985 Kindergarten Teacher, Frank White Elementary, Park Rapids MN
- 1981 – 1983 Grade 4 Teacher, Century Elementary, Park Rapids MN
Awards and Recognition
- 2015 ISTE Making IT Happen Award
- 2015 President’s Volunteer Service Award (Silver)
- 2014 President’s Volunteer Service Award (Silver)
- 2013 President’s Volunteer Service Award (Bronze)
- 2010 Minnesota Outstanding Media Specialist of the Year, MEMO
- 2003 Teacher of the Year, Park Rapids Area Schools
- 1998 Alpha Delta Kappa Regional Scholarship Recipient
- 1996 Jaycees Nomination for Minnesota Ten Outstanding Young Minnesotans
- 1996 Park Rapids Distinguished Service Award
- 1987 Outstanding Young Educator, Park Rapids Area Schools